Please email your CV and other relevant documents to email@example.com and state your name and purpose in the email title.
Ph.D. Candidates: Full-time Ph.D. students for 2022/23 intake
Wet-chemical synthesis of novel low-dimensional inorganic nanomaterials.
– Postgraduate Studentships (Monthly stipend: 18,000+ HKD)
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for:
– Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) (Monthly stipend: ~26,600 HKD with conference travel allowance, tuition fee waiver, guaranteed first-year on-campus housing, etc.)
– CUHK Vice-Chancellor HKPFS Scholarship
1. Hard-working, loves research, good at teamwork.
2. Both master and bachelor’s degrees are welcome. Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics, or related fields are all welcome.
3. Priorities will be given to applicants with backgrounds in nanomaterials synthesis, electrochemical catalysis, energy conversion, or crystallography.
4. Admission requirement by Graduate School:
4.1. Academic Grades: 80/100 or 3.3/4.0
4.2. English: obtained a degree from a university in Hong Kong or taken a degree programme of which English was the medium of instruction; or TOEFL: 550 (Paper-based)/79 (Internet-based); IELTS (Academic): 6.5; GMAT: Band 21 (Verbal)
4.3. Applicants must fulfill all the requirements by Graduate School, details: https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/admissions/requirements
Calling applicants for RGC Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme (PDFS) 2022/23.
The scheme supports for a period of 36 months in terms of full-time appointment as a postdoctoral fellow (PdF) at a UGC-funded university, including CUHK. For each awardee, he or she will receive an annual stipend of around HK$400,000 per year for basic salary as well as a conference and research-related travel allowance.
Basic Requirement: he/she should have obtained/been conferred a PhD degree or an equivalent qualification on or after 1 January 2017 (i.e. not more than three years before 2020), or will complete the requirement of a PhD degree or an equivalent qualification by 31 August 2022.
Candidates will be assessed by:
1. record of academic excellence;
2. research ability and track record to date;
3. leadership potential in the respective field;
4. merit of the proposed research project(s) /activities;
5. potential impact of the proposed research project(s); and
6. university’s support.
Details and other requirements can be found at:
If you are interested to apply this Scheme under Prof. Chen’s group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and other relevant materials .